Tangerine Margaritas

Tangerine Margaritas #unitedinorange

The Denver Broncos are going to the Super Bowl and “United In Orange” inspired these margaritas! The delivery of these tangerines could not have arrived at a better time.

I was born in Texas and grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan, but now live in Colorado and have lived here for over 15 years. It’s no wonder I am quickly becoming a Broncos fan. Speaking of the Cowboys I read a recent poll that the Denver Broncos surpassed the Dallas Cowboys as “America’s Team.” Pretty interesting, huh?

Satsuma Tangerines

Ok, back to margaritas…these margaritas are made with Satsuma Tangerines. This juicy fruit was originally developed in Japan in the province of Satsuma. They are easy-to-peel, sweet, and seedless which my children love. They are a great addition to salads, stir-fry’s, stuffing’s, tarts, custards, and other desserts, but for me they were screaming playoff victory cocktails.

This fruit has thin membranes filled to capacity with liquid, which means less pulp and more of the prized bright orange juice. With winter citrus season these make the perfect winter margarita.

Tangerine Margaritas

Have you ever tried a Satsuma Tangerine? If you can’t find any at your local grocery store you can order a box at Melissa’s Produce.

Tangerine Margaritas

Yield: 2 drinks

1 cup fresh-squeezed tangerine juice
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup tequila reposado
Ice cubes
Tangerine slices, for garnish
Salt for glass rims

Moisten rim of glass with a lime and coat with salt.

In a cocktail shaker, combine tangerine juice and lime juice. Add tequila and ice to shaker and shake thoroughly until chilled. Strain over a glass. Garnish with tangerine peel twist or slice, and serve immediately.

Please keep in touch and subscribe to Muy Bueno and follow me on TwitterFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.

Written by Yvette / Photos by Yvette

Gracias Melissa’s Produce for this lovely gift. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions shared about this product are my own.

12 Responses to “Tangerine Margaritas”

Heather — January 21, 2014 @ 5:15 pm

Good thing the Bronco’s have Orange as one of there colors! I love anything with orange in it!

vangie — January 22, 2014 @ 6:50 am

Wish I was spending Super Bowl with you, so I could have one or two of these beautiful margaritas,,, yummy

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 22nd, 2014 @ 8:27 pm

I wish too mom. But I’ll see you in a couple of weeks. Yay!

Holly — January 22, 2014 @ 2:45 pm

What a great drink to cheer on our Broncos! This looks so refreshing and would go well with the other football treats you shared on the news segment. I’m guessing you’ll have a great Super Bowl party!!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 22nd, 2014 @ 8:29 pm

Can you believe I don’t have any Super Bowl party plans? Hoping someone will host and I’ll show up with margaritas ;)

Stephanie Chavez — January 22, 2014 @ 11:34 pm

Good lord those tangerines look AMAZING!!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 10:33 pm

Thank you Stephanie! Salud.

Restaurants in Ketchum — January 27, 2014 @ 8:25 am

I love the color, it’s very inviting. I just had my Blue Margarita last Friday!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

Thank you. What did your blue margarita have? Sounds tasty! Maybe I need to make both for the big game.

#MelissasProduce — January 29, 2014 @ 9:21 am

I haven’t seen any margaritas made by Seahawks fans! Seems to me like the Broncos are a shoe-in for the Championship!

Thanks again for this recipe Yvette!! =)

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 30th, 2014 @ 9:26 am

Thank you for the lovely produce. Looking forward to many more yummy collaborations.

Go Broncos!

Restaurants in Ketchum — January 29, 2014 @ 1:50 pm

Unfortunately, I don’t have the recipe and the ingredients. We just bought it at the bar.. I’ll try to look one for you and share it to you.. :)