How to Make Tamales: Tamalada Video

tamale masa dough in KitchenAid 2

I hosted a tamalada (tamal-making party) a couple of weeks ago and I have so many photos and a complete blog post that I plan to share in a few days, but in the meantime I wanted to share this video. I had a houseful of beautiful women and amazing food.

We drank champurrado and mimosas, nibbled on chorizo meatballs with pineapple salsa, chocolate truffles, coconut cream fried pies, and a jalapeño bacon cheese ball. Then we filled, wrapped, and steamed tamales with a variety of fillings such as chorizo and red chile and pork just to name a few.

Please sit back and enjoy watching this video of the tamalada I hosted.

Thank you to all of the lovely ladies who came over and spent some time with me in my home. I look forward to making this an annual tradition with all of you.

Please be sure to subscribe to the Muy Bueno YouTube page for future videos!

For more photos and complete Red Chile and Pork Tamales recipe please visit the KitchenAid blog, for tamalada hosting tips visit The Latin Kitchen, and for a variety of tamal recipes to celebrate Día de la Candelaria visit Parade.com.

Please keep in touch and subscribe to Muy Bueno and follow me on TwitterFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.

Written by Yvette  / Photo and Video by Pure Cinematography

22 Responses to “How to Make Tamales: Tamalada Video”

Ansh | Spiceroots — January 24, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

Thank you for inviting me over. I learned so much and had a LOT of fun.

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:36 pm

Thank you Ansh for taking pics! Just wait till I publish all the photos. So many to share. Thank you for coming.

Thanks for including me in this fun event, Yvette. I really like the video. It turned out great!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:35 pm

So glad you were here Kirsten!
      Are you planning to share your chorizo filling recipe? I loved it and would love to link to your blog if you publish it.

Thanks for inviting me. I’ve always wanted to attend a tamalada. Those tamales were delicious and the video turned out great. What a fun afternoon!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:34 pm

Thank you Lea Ann! I’m so happy you were a part of it and thrilled your first was with me. LOL ;)

Karen Harris — January 25, 2014 @ 7:47 am

What a fun day. Thanks for including me. I’ll be looking for my masa to float from now on.

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:33 pm

So happy you were able to make it Karen and thrilled you enjoyed it. Hoping for LOTS more fun parties to host ;)

Liz — January 25, 2014 @ 9:23 am

A lovely idea. Thank you for sharing and have a Happy Weekend!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:32 pm

Thank you so much Liz.

Lori O'Donnell — January 27, 2014 @ 5:42 am

What a great party idea! Those tamales looked delicious! Thank you for sharing this wonderful tamalada in memory of your Grandmother!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:31 pm

Hello Lori! I’ve missed you. Happy New Year! Thank you for the sweet comment. Hope you are well!

Robert Stieber — January 27, 2014 @ 9:17 pm

Absolutely love this website!!!! Can not wait to try your recipes. Thank you for taking the time and effort to show us how to cook these dishes!!!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:30 pm

Thank you Robert! Its comments like yours that make my day. I’m thrilled to hear that you love the blog and video. Please stay in touch.

Helen @ Scrummy Lane — January 28, 2014 @ 9:37 am

Lovely blog! Very glad to have found it. Is it embarrassing to admit that I had no idea what tamales were? The tamalada sounds like such a lovely idea, tho!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 30th, 2014 @ 9:23 am

Thank you Helen! I’m glad you found Muy Bueno too and learned all about tamales. Now it’s time for me to venture to scrummy lane ;)

Heather — January 29, 2014 @ 9:00 am

This was such a fun day! Thank you for inviting me! I had always wanted to make tamales! Heck, I had never eaten one! Delish! So much fun!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 30th, 2014 @ 9:21 am

Hush! You had never eaten one? I’m so glad my tamales were your first. I feel special ;)

Erica — January 29, 2014 @ 12:27 pm

What a great video!!!I would love to make Mexican tamales!

• Muy Bueno replied: — January 30th, 2014 @ 9:20 am

Thank you Erica! It means a lot to read a comment from a blog Amiga. I learned so much about Colombian tamales reading your post yesterday. So very interesting. I would love to try one (or two) :)

Edward Gomez — February 24, 2014 @ 10:28 am

Would like more recipes. My mother passed in May she always cooked traditional mexican food handed down from my Nanas. Unfortunately I did not get a lot of recipes from her. I would like to know more about cooking the meat for the tamales. I want to carry on the tradition of the tamale parties and cooking. the traditional Sonoran Mexican food i used to enjoy growing up.
    Edward Gomez