DIY Slow Cooker Dulce de Leche

Slow cooker dulce de leche gift

What if I told you that there is a no-mess and hassle-free way to make dulce de leche? What if I told you that you could make dulce de leche while you wear a fancy dress, or while you sleep? Its true! I have been making dulce de leche while I’m snug as a bug in my bed. How you ask? In my slow cooker!

yvette marquez muy bueno

Break out your slow cooker and make your own Mexican caramel at home! It’s incredibly easy to do and makes a fantastic homemade gift. Add a tag and some ribbon or twine, and your homemade gift is complete. Sweet!

Slow cooker dulce de leche

Get the step-by-step tutorial for DIY Slow Cooker Dulce de Leche over at Betty Crocker.

homemade dulce de leche

Please keep in touch and subscribe to Muy Bueno and follow me on TwitterFacebookInstagram, and check out the Muy Bueno cookbook.

Recipe: Yvette / Photos: Yvette + Jeanine / Wardrobe Stylist: Fashion Forward / Makeup Artist + Hair Stylist: Samantha Koch Beauty

8 Responses to “DIY Slow Cooker Dulce de Leche”

Holly — December 14, 2013 @ 7:49 am

What a great way to make homemade gifts! I’ve only seen this idea when you put the whole jar of sweetened condensed milk in the crock pot but your method of pouring it into the individual jars makes it mess-free when it is done. Love it!

vangie — December 14, 2013 @ 8:09 am

I already started on this easy method of making dulce de leche. These are going to be in my gift baskets, Its so good, I especially like it with apple slices, ummm.

Samuel Jeffery — December 16, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

This looks amazing! My girlfriend, who is from Argentina, got me hooked on Dulce de Leche. I would love to try the homemade version :)

Heather — December 17, 2013 @ 7:59 am

I’m going to make this today and bring along with me for x-mas gatherings! Looks yummy!

Aida — December 18, 2013 @ 9:36 am

Making these today! Can’t wait to taste it! Giving them away as gifts to friends & family.

Lola — December 20, 2013 @ 12:39 am

Yvette – what a brilliant idea! This has to be one of the easiest recipes I’ve made and I loved that there was nothing to clean afterward. The dulce de leche delicious on toast.

JulieD — December 26, 2013 @ 11:40 am

Wow, this is amazing upon amazing! I can’t wait to try it!!

Adam — December 28, 2013 @ 7:41 pm

This sounds amazing and I love that you can make it in a slow cooker!