Rustic Tartlets Filled with Dulce de Leche, Strawberries, and Mango

mango-strawberry-tarts

You’ve got to love a dessert that looks impressive, tastes unbelievable, but that’s actually quite simple to make. These juicy, sweet tartlets are exactly that. Baked, then filled with a creamy dulce de leche filling and topped with fresh strawberries and mangos, these little bites are ideal for a buffet or party, as you can fill a couple of hours before your guests arrive. (I have made these numerous times, especially for our cookbook signings!)

dulce_de_leche-fruit-tarts

The dulce de leche is the secret ingredient that sets these tarts apart. It’s a milky marvel from south of the border and literally translates to milk jam. Dulce de leche looks and feels a lot like caramel, but the flavors are more complex and the sweetness is less overwhelming.

Get the recipe for these tartlets over at Betty Crocker.

Please keep in touch and subscribe to Muy Bueno and follow me on TwitterFacebookInstagram, and check out the Muy Bueno cookbook.

Written by Yvette / Photos by Yvette

8 Responses to “Rustic Tartlets Filled with Dulce de Leche, Strawberries, and Mango”

Debra — September 3, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

What beautiful tartlets! Ummm–Dulce de Leche. I’ve never made it myself, but I have loved it anytime I’ve been served. I would love to really perfect these little cuties so I could be comfortable with making them often. They look so pretty!

• Muy Bueno replied: — September 8th, 2013 @ 6:18 pm

If you make them Debra please keep me posted. They are super yummy!

Holly — September 4, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

I wouldn’t have thought to use dulce de leche with strawberries and mangoes- it sounds wonderful. I think small tart pans are my next purchase — I’ve been using a muffin tin instead but love the shape of your tarts. What a great dessert!

• Muy Bueno replied: — September 8th, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

Thank you Holly! Dulce de leche and these summer fruits are a magical combo. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

vangiesoza — September 5, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

Muy ricos, they are always a big hit at our book signings.

Aunt Clara — September 14, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

How cute they look, and anything with dulce de leche has to be good. Great idea.

• Muy Bueno replied: — September 15th, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

Thank you Aunt Clara. I agree when it comes to dulce de leche — it’s my guilty pleasure and have a spoon of it every time I’m craving something sweet ;)

Kalyan — September 23, 2013 @ 11:00 pm