Strawberry Margarita Popsicles

Boy-strawberry

I’m thrilled to announce that we have been selected to be brand ambassadors for California Strawberries, which means we will share muy bueno strawberry recipes just in time for strawberry season. I have been dreaming up some great strawberry recipes and have been waiting patiently for the perfect season. I’ve wanted to make a pistachio-honey cake with strawberries and cream, a strawberry consommé, and some tarts filled with dulce de leche, strawberries, and mangos. What should I make first?

strawberries-limes

In a couple of weeks I’ll be traveling to the California Strawberries Farm in Caramel, California to learn as much as I can about strawberries. Once I’m back I’ll be sure to share all the tips I learned on my trip. Do you ever wonder what is the best way to clean, store, or eat strawberries? I know I do, and I look forward to hearing from the experts. What type of tips would you like to learn?

strawberry_popsicle

My family loves strawberries and you can always find some in our refrigerator. We serve them with breakfast, add them to salads, or have them on the dinner table for a healthy dessert, but as you can guess they taste best when they are in prime season, which is spring and early summer. Nothing tastes better than ripe summer strawberries.

strawberry_popsicle-paleta_fresa

I asked my son what we should make first and he said popsicles. With the warm weather officially here I couldn’t agree more. We had a blast together making them. The only hard part was waiting patiently for them to freeze. This batch did not include alcohol, but know that all you have to do is add tequila in place of the lemon lime soda, and voilà a refreshing summer dessert for an adult spiked surprise.

strawberry_popsicles

Strawberry Margarita Popsicles

Yield: Makes 10 popsicles

20 fresh strawberries, hulled
2 limes juiced
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon lime soda or tequila (virgin or alcohol option)

In a blender combine strawberries, limejuice, honey, and water.

Pour mixture into a large measuring cup with a spout or some kind of bowl with a spout (this will make pouring into the popsicle molds easier). Add lemon lime soda or tequila and stir to combine.

Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours.

More recipes available at www.muybuenocookbook.com

Written by Yvette / Photos by Yvette

Note: We are pleased to announce that we are blog ambassadors for the California Strawberry Commission. We were compensated for the development of this recipe. Stay tuned for more strawberry recipes this spring and summer!

14 Responses to “Strawberry Margarita Popsicles”

Stephanie Chavez — May 20, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to see all the strawberry recipes coming to Muy Bueno. These paletas look PERFECT! What mold did you use? I’ve tried several but always run into the problem of not being able to get them out easily. Can you share some tips on this?

vangie — May 21, 2013 @ 9:04 am

They sure look good and refreshing, and I know that our handsome little model loves his strawberries.

Rachel Tatner — May 22, 2013 @ 10:06 am

It looks good but, I don’t see the actual recipe.

• Muy Bueno replied: — May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:12 am

Duh! Well that was just silly. The recipe is now up. Sorry about that.

Debra — May 23, 2013 @ 10:26 pm

Your son is adorable–and he is also a good ambassador for the delicacies of the strawberry. You will love Carmel–it’s a beautiful place to enjoy the festival. I never considered adding a little ‘adult beverage’ into my popsicles. What a brilliant idea! :-)

Anne R — May 27, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

I love your recipes. I am having a birthday/graduation party for our middle daughter June 15th. I am looking for Mexican food that I can expand to serve a large crowd, possibly up to 50 people! Any ideas! We are good to go with green chili but I want my dishes to me tasty and I am not an expert on making a huge amount of any food! Have a beautiful day and love your blog! You are three beautiful blessed women! Thank you

Anne

• Muy Bueno replied: — May 28th, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

Thank you so much Anne! I love a slow cooker when I’m hosting a party and feeding a crowd. You can either try serving Ropa Vieja or Beef Brisket. Even our Chicken Tinga can be made or served in a slow cooker. And for a side dish our Black Bean Salad goes a LONG way. Have a taco or tostada bar and let everyone serve themselves. I hope that helps!

Please share some photos with us on our facebook page. It’s my birthday that weekend so I’ll be cebrating that day too.

Birthday wishes and congrats to your daughter.

Abrazos,
      Yvette

Kankana — May 28, 2013 @ 1:18 pm

Hey, just realized you would be attending the event :) Looking forward to meet you guys! I will be there too. Excited already :)

• Muy Bueno replied: — May 28th, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

Thanks for stopping by! I took a peak at your blog. Holy amazing! Can’t wait to really dive in and I look forward to meeting you too. See you soon!

Sarah Koszyk — June 7, 2013 @ 12:15 pm

I have been on a major Popsicle kick lately and this one looks delicious! Your website truly rocks and always has such wonderful photos. I’m going to half the recipe and make 1 half “virgin” and 1 with tequila so the kids & adults can both enjoy.

Elaine Otero — July 23, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

I need a little help with the math….

I just want to make 3 popsicles. Its only me and my daughter and I only have a mold for 3 popsicles. LOL

Help downsizing this recipe. Anyone?
    Thankssss

Elaine Otero — July 23, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

or maybe I should go buy a bigger mold ;)

• Muy Bueno replied: — July 23rd, 2013 @ 12:48 pm

You can divide the recipe by three or make it all and refrigerate the remainder to freeze after you eat the first three ;)