My Day with Michelle Obama: Experience of a Lifetime

If you follow Muy Bueno Cookbook on facebook or twitter then you heard the news, but if you do not then you might not have heard. Guess what? I had an experience of a lifetime and met the First Lady earlier this month. Can you believe it? I still can’t.

It’s really true! Here is a photo of Mrs. Obama giving me a thumbs-up — I think I’ll be framing this photo.

When I was first invited by Mamiverse to meet with Michelle Obama in a live nationwide broadcast with a handful of Latina moms, I kept asking myself, why me? There are hundreds of other Latinas who are better suited for this event. I was very excited about the opportunity but at the same time I was somewhat unsure about representing Latinas and Coloradoans.

I invite you to visit mamiverse.com to read all about our experience with Michelle Obama.

And if you haven’t seen it yet, here is the video of our roundtable discussion with Mrs. Obama discussing our lives and key issues impacting Hispanic families across our nation.

I am truly blessed and I feel so grateful to have participated in this special event. Enjoy!

Written by Yvette

8 Responses to “My Day with Michelle Obama: Experience of a Lifetime”

Karen Harris — July 23, 2012 @ 7:18 am

Awesome Yvette! An experience of a lifetime.

• Muy Bueno replied: — July 23rd, 2012 @ 10:33 am

Thank you sweet Karen!

I don’t toss around the term “amazing” easily. But what an amazing opportunity for you to be with such an amazing woman–and you look amazing as well. There! I’ve used the dreaded word because it just fits. Congratulations to you.

• Muy Bueno replied: — July 23rd, 2012 @ 10:34 am

Awwww! Thank you Victoria! It was pretty darn amazing alright ;)

Eileen — July 23, 2012 @ 10:52 am

Michelle Obama is my idol. In fact, I’d say I’m her biggest supporter… LOL! Should you meet her again, please give her a big hug from me ;-)

Felicidades on the selection and I wish you continued success.

• Muy Bueno replied: — July 23rd, 2012 @ 10:57 am

Eileen — You need to make it a goal and meet her yourself. Believe and it WILL happen ;) And when you meet her tell her I said hi ;)

vangie — July 25, 2012 @ 3:17 am

Mija, you looked so pretty sitting next to Mrs. Obama, an experience of a lifetime. Thank you for representing us Latinas, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She is one amazing lady.

• Muy Bueno replied: — July 26th, 2012 @ 11:16 am

Thank you mom! She is VERY amazing and just like you said, “Just think of her as an old friend.” I did, and it worked!! She is very down to earth and made me feel very comfortable. I’m thrilled that I had this wonderful opportunity.