Churros with Dear Crissy

Happy Valentine’s Day amigos!!!

Today we have a yummy recipe that we know you will love…Churros! We are sharing it with Dear Crissy.

Dear Crissy is a blog written by Crissy, a work-at-home-mom, Her numero uno reason for living is her kids and her blog is all about “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” that parenting has to offer. Parents know there are always good days and bad days and Crissy is the first to tell you that parenting, real parenting is short of perfect. We love her for that and enjoy her candid and realistic views about parenting.

Today Crissy invited us to share one of our recipes on her blog. We were thrilled with the idea of sharing one of our recipes and knew it had to be something sweet, small enough for little hands to hold, and of course loved by both young and old. So today we shared our experience about making churros for the first time. Churros are a long doughy bread stick, deep fried to a golden brown, and glazed with a sugar and cinnamon coating.

Thank you Crissy for the sweet invitation to share a recipe on your site. Both my kids and I enjoyed testing recipes and had a blast taking carnival-themed photos at Jeanine’s studio.

Don’t be shy — Go take a peek at Crissy’s blog, and check out our muy bueno churro recipe.

Feliz Día del Amor y la Amistad!

Written by Yvette / Photos by Jeanine

20 Responses to “Churros with Dear Crissy”

Lisa ~ AutismWonderland — February 14, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Beautiful photos – I love Churros and with chocoloate! Forget about it – I’m a happy gal :)

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:03 am

Forget about it…LOL…we totally agree. We’re happy you’re happy!

Unknown Mami — February 14, 2012 @ 9:49 am

The photos are stunning and your site is looking great!

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:04 am

Gracias for your sweet comments…

Tracy — February 14, 2012 @ 10:33 am

Super cute photos of super cute kids. (Trying to ignore the delicious churros. LOL.)

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:05 am

Thanks Tracy…they really did enjoy this shoot…I think it shows in how much fun they had eating so many of them.

Li — February 14, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

You are a woman after my own heart, I tell ya!!!!! Do you know that I am a churros con chocolate FIEND? Yes, my dear, I am. I just had a Pavlovian response to your muy bueno churro recipe. I wish I could be brave enough to make it!

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:06 am

LI please give them a try, you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy they really are. But give yourself enough time to learn the recipe…or try them with a friend. Cooking with amigas is so much fun! Good luck!

Mirna — February 14, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

I have so many memories about Churros. Back in Argentina, Churros are eaten all day :) I’ll check the recipe.

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:07 am

Hola Mirna…yes we heard that Spain loves them a ton too. Please do try the recipe and then you too can eat them allllllll day!

Justice Jonesie — February 14, 2012 @ 7:30 pm

I love churros, love melted chocolate, and love these pictures! I’m going to try this recipe. YUM!!

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:08 am

Justice…do try them and let us know how they turned out…I just made them again and my kids loved them for breakfast with their hot chocolate.

Rachel — February 15, 2012 @ 10:02 am

The Blog looks great.. nice upgrade. Beautiful pictures of the kids.

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:10 am

Gracias for the sweet comments Rachel…please don’t forget to test the PRINT recipe option and let us know that all’s well.

Flavors of the Sun — February 15, 2012 @ 10:35 am

I love churros and we are experiencing the perfect weather for eating them with hot chocolate. I love this recipe!

• Yvette replied: — February 16th, 2012 @ 3:10 am

We’re delighted that you like churros con chocolate…print the recipe and give it a try. You will be so glad you did.

Sujeiry — February 16, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

I had my first churro at a Mexican restaurant in NYC and it was good! Never tried it with chocolate. I may just become addicted.

Sharron Links — February 17, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

Oh goody!!! Churros!!! My favorite Mex delight. And, again, those adorable children and the wonderful photography. Thank you Muy Bueno Sharron

Mercedes @BeChicMag — February 20, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

I love churros! And how cute are those kids?!

Margo — February 28, 2012 @ 7:36 am

Churros and chocolate….absolute heaven!