Menu for Your Intimate Fiesta

You’ve decided to host a fiesta to celebrate all things Hispanic — your friends and family will love you for it. If you’re not sure what to serve, here are some tips to get your fiesta underway.

Serve Signature Drinks
As soon as guests arrive, place a cold one in their hand – Michelada, sangria, or spicy citrus margarita.

Casual Buffet
A traditional fiesta always has a table overflowing with food. Create that same family style gathering on your dinner table. No celebration is complete without some delicious eats. Keep it simple with a chicken tinga bar. Prepare our chicken tinga and put out lettuce, crumbled queso fresco, Mexican crema or sour cream and let your guests make their own tostada piled high and served on a palm leaf. Our ideal menu includes chips and salsa, some divine guacamole, and simple appetizers. Don’t worry about a formal sit down elegant meal. Instead create a family atmosphere by strategically placing appetizers around your seating areas. With this homey atmosphere I guarantee your guests won’t mind eating off their lap plates. Remember, less is more.

Dessert
A chocolate fountain filled with our delicious Mexican chocolate recipe is one of the easiest and most popular desserts to have at a fiesta. Try slicing all sorts of seasonal fruit such as mango, pineapple, strawberries, and bananas. Some other great chocolate dipping ideas are chunks of angel food cake and marshmallows. Prepare everything the morning of your fiesta, set it on serving platters, keep refrigerated and dessert time will be a breeze. Your guests can serve themselves and clean up is easy.

On the Menu
The buffet menu may look ambitious but with advance planning, the results will be worth it. You’ll end up enjoying authentic and festive recipes worthy of a fiesta. For more Latin inspired dishes click on the links below with delicious recipes from our blog hermanas. These recipes will bring your family and friends together and leave everyone happy.

Cut a Rug
Make room for dancing – pull up that area rug, rearrange some furniture and play some Latin pop tunes. Before you know it everyone will be showing off their Zumba fitness moves and dancing the night away.

Here’s a playlist of songs chosen by our Facebook amigos. These songs will have your guests up and dancing. “Ole!” to a rockin’ night

Fiesta Playlist

23 Responses to “Menu for Your Intimate Fiesta”

Carla @ All of Me Now — September 6, 2011 @ 7:06 am

This is fantastic! It takes the planning out of throwing a party which is my least favorite part. Totally amped to get the fiesta going =)

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 6th, 2011 @ 8:32 am

Carla, thanks for stopping by. Get your party groove going girlfriend…Salud!!

BeChicMag .com (@BeChicMag) — September 6, 2011 @ 8:14 am

Love those appetizers! I can eat them all day. I liked how you incorporated links to other bloggers’ recipes.

Muy Bueno Cookbook — September 6, 2011 @ 8:33 am

Don’t forget to visit the other blogs…they shared some delicious recipes with us to share with you…enjoy!!

Justice Jonesie — September 6, 2011 @ 8:41 am

This is wonderful!!! My next fiesta is all planned out! Thank you so much for including my Pozole on the menu as well. :)

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Justice. We love Pozole…

Monica — September 6, 2011 @ 9:45 am

I love this article! You’ve listed everything I need. :) Thanks for planning it all out for us!

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:39 pm

Thank you Monica, now go out and start putting your guest list together for your Fiesta, your guests await.

Eliana — September 6, 2011 @ 10:22 am

Now these suggestions would make for one amazing party! Can’t wait to start to celebration.

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

Sweeet….can’t wait to hear all about your fiesta happenings. Wait never mind, perhaps everything that happens at La Fiesta stays at La Fiesta…Aprovecho!

Carrie — September 6, 2011 @ 10:28 am

Thank you for including our Flan Cake in this wonderful and inspirational round-up.

I would love to attend this party with you!

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:42 pm

I can’t wait to try your Flan Cake….we just adore Flan, and now it’s in a cake…Yummmmmy! Thanks Carrie!

Eliana Tardio — September 6, 2011 @ 10:35 am

que rico, a wonerful post to follow! I love the interaction with the receipes from the other hermanas and the good music at the end :) great!

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

Thanks Eliana, everyone was so wonderful about sharing their favorite recipes for this post.

Morena — September 6, 2011 @ 10:43 am

What a party! Thanks for including our Causa in your post. Everything looks amazing and makes me hungry. Great music too, super alegre.

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:45 pm

Alegre it is. Music to get the party started. Thank you for sharing.

Nicole Presley — September 6, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

Nice round-up….. I will have to submit one of my recipes next time. :)

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

Hola Nicole. Thanks for stopping by. We can’t wait to get one of your super delicious recipes too.

Uchi — September 6, 2011 @ 2:10 pm

Riquisimooo ! wonderful round-up ! thank you so much for including my rogel cake ! Besos :)

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:48 pm

I’ve never had a rogel cake so we’re super excited about giving your cake a try. Hope all is well with you on the east coast. Besitos.

Hello lovely ladies!! missed your psots!! this is the way you plan a party, cold drinks in hand to start off the night. great links!!

• Muy Bueno Cookbook replied: — September 7th, 2011 @ 10:50 pm

Hi Vianney!!! Cold drinks, great food and tons of family and friends, now that’s a fiesta! thanks for stopping by, cheers!!

Bren @ Flanboyant Eats™ — September 12, 2011 @ 9:16 am

I love the menu, especially that mole recipe, which I’ve been meaning to make. I was going to cheat and buy some while I was in Mexico last week, but forgot! Good thing, b/c now I just have to make it… I’ve made some from a jar. The Maria brand to be exact.