Happy Birthday Muy Bueno

Today our blog is celebrating its 1st year! Can you believe it? The year flew by and it feels like only yesterday I had a crazy idea to start a blog. My goal was to build an online presence to promote our future cookbook but never predicted our blog would take on a life of its own. We have met so many amazing people (online and in person) through this incredible journey.

On this very special day, we wish to thank our photographer, Jeanine. In all honesty our blog would not be what it is today without her amazing photography skills. She has been taking photos of our children and our family for years, and when she offered to be our cookbook photographer I was honored to say the least. Her offer is what gave me the push to ‘just do it’. Gracias Jeanine for the soulful images you continue to capture of our Mexican fare.

We’d also like to give all of you a virtual abrazo. Thank you for following and encouraging us. Your kind comments are always welcome as they enlighten our life and fuel our drive with positive energy and passion to keep sharing our recipes and stories.

Oh, and speaking of our cookbook. We plan to post some details about that in the near future.

Help us celebrate today with a look back at some great stuff that happened in our first year.

Here are three favorite Muy Bueno recipes.

It’s because of each and every one of you that we have an audience to keep pressing forward. We are delighted that you like our stories and love the recipes. There’s certainly more to come.

This next year is already slated for some exciting stuff. We are crazy busy editing and testing more recipes, planning some fun giveaways, sharing some great cooking products, delicious ingredients, a trip or two, and best of all finalizing our cookbook.

Please continue to leave your comments, we love them. Don’t be shy. Let us hear from you on our blog, facebook page, and on twitter.

Please help us share our love for Jeanine, our Muy Bueno photographer. Vote for her here to make her the #1 photographer in Denver.

18 Responses to “Happy Birthday Muy Bueno”

Roxana A. Soto — August 10, 2011 @ 12:25 am

Congratulations on your first year and all of your accomplishments! It’s amazing how quickly time goes when you do something with so much passion, right?

I can’t wait to see all the awesome plans all of you have in store and, of course, I can’t wait for your cookbook to be ready!

I’m so glad we got to meet each other (and your mom!) and I hope we hang out again soon!

• muybuenocookbook replied: — August 25th, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

Gracias Roxana! I’m so glad we finally met too! We have to get together and celebrate your book deal!!!

Eliana — August 10, 2011 @ 8:17 am

Felicidades! I am so glad to have met you over the course of the last year and look forward to many more of your delicous blog posts over the course of the next (y por supuesto el libro tambien).

• muybuenocookbook replied: — August 25th, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

Thank you so much Eliana!

Karolena — August 10, 2011 @ 8:30 am

Happy Birthday! I have enjoyed reading and trying out your recipes over the past few months. The photos are gorgeous and I’m looking forward to more. :)

• muybuenocookbook replied: — August 25th, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

Karolena, I love to hear when amigos make our recipes. Makes me SUPER happy! So sweet!

Donna — August 10, 2011 @ 8:31 am

Congratulations! I have enjoyed your blog and look forward to the cookbook.

• muybuenocookbook replied: — August 25th, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Thank you so much Donna! We REALLY look forward to our recipes in print too!

Ericka — August 10, 2011 @ 10:55 am

Congrats! I’m trailing right behind you!

• muybuenocookbook replied: — August 25th, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

Ericka, its crazy how fast the year has gone by. Sheesh! We look forward to hearing how you celebrate your first year.

Ana L. Flores — August 11, 2011 @ 10:52 pm

Felicidades!!! I can´t believe it´s only been a year and that´s how long we´ve known each other. Were we not your first guest blog? only a year?! Ah…we´ll always have that! ;)

• muybuenocookbook replied: — August 25th, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

YES Ana you were our FIRST! LOL! That sounds so funny ;) Thanks so much for believing in us, and guiding us so much through our journey. You truly are a saint — it is no wonder why you now have a book deal. So happy for you and Roxana! Felicidades to you!!!

7. Pingback: Latina Bloggers Weekly Round-up August 11 : LatinaBloggersConnect

Daryl Dizon — August 13, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

Congratulations on your first year! Best wishes from the Philippines

• muybuenocookbook replied: — August 25th, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

WOWZA the Philippines?! So very exciting! YAY! Thank you Daryl.

Lucia Bocanegra-Claxton — July 19, 2012 @ 10:02 am

Seeing the video of the hands rolling out tortillas brought tears to my eyes.
    I am the “middle’ generation and with my Mother now gone I feel we need to pass these recipes on to our next. (I feel to young to be the older generation). I am excited that our youngest, almost 23 year old likes to cook and with the background of two cultures she has leaned towards the Mexican for cooking. I have started a cookbook for her and our 26 year old son.
    I was born and raised in Ohio, so Mom’s cooking was not your traditional Mexico style of cooking. Your recipes are like what I grew up with. I look forward to your new cookbook and adding it to our children’s collection.
    Congratulations!

• Muy Bueno replied: — July 23rd, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

Thank you so much Lucia! WOW! I hope your tears were happy tears thinking about sweet memories! I am so happy you shared your story with us and am thrilled you want our cookbook. I have a feeling your children would really appreciate it — especially if you cook from it together and start sharing some memories of your own.

Cynthia Wood — August 10, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Happy Birthday, Y’all! I can’t wait to see what next year brings.