We’re in China…

Okay, maybe not officially, but some of our Muy Bueno recipes are there.

Muy Bueno Cookbook’s, cocktail recipes took center stage in the April issue of New Western Cuisine. Four glorious pages under the heading of ‘Beverage’ with some of our lively cocktails as well as our healthy nopal smoothie recipe.

{Click images to enlarge}

New Western Cuisine is published by the General Administration of Press and Publication of the People’s Republic of China with monthly circulation of 100,000, focusing on Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou cities. Its distribution channel includes four-star hotels and above, well-known restaurants, cafes, and bars. It’s the only bilingual glossy magazine distributed to the hotel industry in China.

We have only seen the magazine digitally and cannot wait to get our hands on the beautiful glossy magazine.

Very exciting — I’ve always wanted to go to China!

14 Responses to “We’re in China…”

Eunice Brownlee — April 4, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

WOW! Neat! It is cool to think of Chinese folks enjoying Latin cuisine. :)

• muybuenocookbook replied: — April 5th, 2011 @ 9:20 am

Eunice: I wonder if they have access to nopales (cactus pads) in China to make our smoothie???

Karen Harris — April 5, 2011 @ 7:33 am

How exciting to be in China!

• muybuenocookbook replied: — April 5th, 2011 @ 9:17 am

Karen: Gracias! It is very exciting. I’m just hoping we can get our hands on a copy of the actual magazine.

Cooking in Mexico — April 5, 2011 @ 9:40 am

Congratulations! What a globe trotter you are!
    I’ve never seen the word for nopalitos written in Chinese characters before.

Kathleen

• muybuenocookbook replied: — April 6th, 2011 @ 8:36 am

Kathleen: I love their layout and the writing – it’s so artistic!

sweetlife — April 5, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

CONGRATS!!! your global, I love seeing the word Nopales in another language!! I also wonder if they have access, they must if they chose to print, yall rock!!

sweetlife

• muybuenocookbook replied: — April 6th, 2011 @ 8:59 am

Sweetlife: I’m so curious too! Thank you for your sweet comment!

Clementina — April 6, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

Felicidades,
    What a fine ambassador you are for all things Mexican. I think the Chinese will have no problem eating nopales–without the stingers, of course!

muybuenocookbook — April 7, 2011 @ 10:43 am

Gracias Clementina!!!

Brenda Chavez — April 7, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

I am so very happy and excited for you guys!! Radio guests, big time web exposure, Latina magazine, and now China! The sky’s the limit and I wish you all the success in the world with your book!!! :)

• muybuenocookbook replied: — April 8th, 2011 @ 10:58 am

Ayyyy que chula my Berber! You are so sweet – I am blushing as I read your sweet comment. I wish our grandma was here to see it all. Actually, I take that back – I know she is watching us and guiding us. I love you cousin!!!

8. Pingback: Latina Bloggers Weekly Round-up April 7 | LatinaBloggersConnect